Canada with DUI

Need Help Entering Canada with a DUI?

Call Toll-Free Within North America

DUI Canada entry

Canadian immigration lawyer focused on Canada DUI entry from USA. We offer free comprehensive consultations (unlike most companies who demand a retainer before assessing your options).

Can I Get into Canada with a DUI to Act or Entertain?

The movie industry is huge in Canada, especially in Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal. Many Hollywood blockbusters are filmed north of the border, and consequently, many actors from California and the rest of the United States travel to Canada for work. Many American entertainers also travel to Canada to perform. Any actor or entertainer that has a DUI or DWI on their criminal record, however, may be criminally inadmissible to Canada and denied entry at the border unless they have obtained official permission for entry.

Entry to Canada with an impaired driving arrest or conviction can be achieved via a Temporary Resident Permit or Canada Criminal Rehabilitation. A Temporary Resident Permit, often referred to as a TRP, can allow a foreign national to overcome their criminal history and enter Canada for a limited amount of time, and can be valid for multiple visits over a time span of up to three years. Canadian Criminal Rehabilitation is a lifelong solution and can enable an individual to overcome their inadmissibility to Canada forever. Without official permission for entrance in either form, anyone flying to the country to act in a movie, play in a band, or perform any other role in the entertainment industry could be denied entry to Canada if they are inadmissible due to criminality. With a TRP or CR, however, working in Canada as an actor with a DWI can be possible! In addition to performers, actors, artists and athletes, this also includes camera operators, security guards, stage hands, tour managers, photographers, journalists and reporters, sound and light technicians, coaches, film makers and talent agents. The good news is that requesting permission to travel to Canada with a DUI in order to work in entertainment is typically considered to be a very valid reason since the industry has a significant impact on the Canadian economy.

Have a DUI and need to enter Canada to work in the entertainment industry? Contact our team of professionals now for a free consultation; our immigration attorney has helped several American actors and entertainers cross the Canadian border with a record for drunk driving.

Criminal Inadmissibility

Impaired driving violations are not the only offenses that can render an athlete or movie industry professional inadmissible to Canada. Domestic violence, theft, possession of drugs without a prescription, assault, fraud, and a variety of other criminal convictions can also cause an American to be denied entry at the Canadian border. If you work in the entertainment industry and need to travel to Canada but you have a criminal record, phone our team today.

How Can We Help?

If you have a DUI arrest or conviction on your record and need to enter Canada, call us now or fill out this form! 24 Hour Response Time!