Canada with DUI

Need Help Entering Canada with a DUI?

Call Toll-Free Within North America

DUI Canada entry

Canadian immigration lawyer focused on Canada DUI entry from USA. We offer free comprehensive consultations (unlike most companies who demand a retainer before assessing your options).

Going to Canada with an OMVI

OMVI stands for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated and was the drunk driving acronym used in Ohio up until 2004. At this time, Ohio law removed the requirement that the vehicle be motorized, and the charge is now called operating a vehicle impaired (OVI) or operating a vehicle under the influence (OVI). If you have an OMVI conviction on your criminal record, you may be inadmissible to Canada unless it is the only offense on your record and you completed your full sentence successfully in a timely manner.

If a single misdemeanor OMVI is the only criminal conviction you have ever had, and you finished your sentence more than ten years ago (including payment of all fines and completion of all probation and required alcohol classes), you may be considered "deemed rehabilitated by time" and permitted entry into the country once again. If you have a second arrest or conviction on your criminal record, there was a car accident involving injury or significant property damage, or if you did not finish your entire sentence more than a decade ago, you may be criminally inadmissible to Canada and could require permission to visit the country. If this is the case, you will need a Temporary Resident Permit or Canada Criminal Rehabilitation in order to overcome your OMVI inadmissibility. Canada OMVI entry is similar to the process to go to Canada with a DUI. Other alcohol-related driving violations that can affect entry to Canada include DWAI, OWI, OUI, and reckless driving.

If you have an OMVI and wish to come into Canada, phone our team of professionals today for a free consultation.

How Can We Help?

If you have a DUI arrest or conviction on your record and need to enter Canada, call us now or fill out this form! 24 Hour Response Time!