Canada with DUI

Need Help Entering Canada with a DUI?

Call Toll-Free Within North America

DUI Canada entry

Canadian immigration lawyer focused on Canada DUI entry from USA. We offer free comprehensive consultations (unlike most companies who demand a retainer before assessing your options).

Can I Visit Canada with a DUBAL?

Driving with an unlawful blood alcohol level, or DUBAL, is an alcohol-related driving violation in Florida similar to a DUI offense or DWI offense. Any person found to be operating a motor vehicle in the state with a 0.08 percent blood alcohol concentration (BAC) may be cited for DUBAL. When a potential drunk driver is pulled over by the police for probable cause, a DUI charge is likely first initiated. If the driver agrees to submit to a blood or breath test, however, and the result shows a blood alcohol content of .08 or above, he or she may instead be charged with driving with an unlawful blood alcohol level (DUBAL).

Florida has implied consent laws, and an individual who gets a DUBAL typically did not refuse a breathalyzer. For this reason, a DUBAL can be considered a lower-level offense compared to a DUI. The Canadian equivalent of a DUBAL is a hybrid offense that can be prosecuted as an indictable crime (similar to a felony), meaning that a DUBAL can render a person inadmissible to Canada due to criminality just like a DUI or DWI. This means that anyone with a DUBAL on their record may need a Temporary Resident Permit or Criminal Rehabilitation or else they could risk a denial at the Canada border.

Have a DUBAL and need to travel to Canada? Phone us for a free consultation.

Florida DUBAL

Individuals charged with driving with an unlawful blood alcohol level in Florida may have their driver's license suspended for six months for the first offense, and for one year for all additional offenses. On the date of arrest, the offender may be given a 10-day driving permit which gives them some time to make alternative transportation arrangements, but after this permit has expired they will typically not be able to apply for a hardship license until they have served at least 30 days of the driving suspension. In order to be issued a hardship license a person must be enrolled in a DUI school and require a driver's license to get to their job or place of business.

If you have a DUBAL conviction (or even just an arrest) on your record and are thinking about traveling to Canada, contact us now. Regardless of whether your DUBAL is from Miami, Jacksonville, Tampa, Orlando, St. Petersburg, Hialeah, Tallahassee, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, or another part of Florida, we can help you apply for special permission to cross the Canadian border.

How Can We Help?

If you have a DUI arrest or conviction on your record and need to enter Canada, call us now or fill out this form! 24 Hour Response Time!